The Junior Warden is committed the superintendence of the Craft during the hours of refreshment; it is, therefore, indispensably necessary that the Junior Warden not only be temperate and discrete in the indulgence of his own inclinations but carefully observe that none of the Craft be suffered to convert the purpose of refreshment into intemperance and excess. Regular and punctual attendance is particularly requested.
The Junior Warden should:
- Serve as Master or Senior Warden in their absence.
- Serve as a member of the Finance Committee.
- Serve as a member of the Charity Committee.
- Serve as a member of the Program Committee.
- Serve as Chairman of the Ritual Committee.
- Serve as Master for the Entered Apprentice or Fellowcraft Degree.
- Be responsible for obtaining the necessary Brethren needed to exemplify the degree at which he will preside. This would include Brethren to rehearse the lectures.
- Grand Lodge Communications
- Schools of Instruction
- Area Conferences
- Master and Wardens Conferences
- Degree rehearsals
- Leadership Schools
- Become acquainted with all fraternal matters such as Welfare, Relief, Charity,Masonic Cancer Center Fund,Inc., Minnesota Masonic Home and Care Center, Masonic Service Association, and the Minnesota Masonic Foundation.
- Serve as liaison officer for DeMolay, if the Lodge sponsors a Chapter.
- Be responsible for an occasional article in the Lodge paper.